Weekly "Pupdates" are posted below on Fridays around 7PM (to start your weekend off on the right foot)! The 1, 2, & 3 Week Pupdates will simply provide weights and a general litter update. The 4 & 5 Week Pupdates will include a brief description of each pup as their personality emerges, but remember, a lot can change during this time period. The most in-depth individual personality descriptions will be posted on the 6 & 7 Week Pupdates. Temperament testing results will be included with the 7 Week Pupdate to aid with Puppy Selections the following day.
Quick weight update before pickups tomorrow: "Kiwi" 7lbs! "King Rudy" 6lbs! Mr. Black Burtz 7lbs! "Penny" Turell 5.75lbs! Mr. Blue Nell 5.5lbs! Mr. Green 6.25lbs
Puppy Pickup Information:
Happy Friday and CONGRATULATIONS! Puppy take home day is tomorrow for most families... please verify that the information I have for you is correct below. PLEASE remember- we only accept cash for final balance payments from this point forward because checks will not clear prior to puppies going home.
"Kiwi" Hand will be picked up at the Farm on 2/23 at 11AM. Final balance will be paid in cash at that time. "King Rudy" Leo-Horta will be picked up at the Farm on 2/23 at 11AM. Rudy has been paid in full. Mr. Black Burtz will be picked up at the Farm on 2/23 at 11AM. Final balance will be paid in cash at that time. "Penny" Turell will be staying at the Farm until 3/7. Final balance will be paid in cash at that time. Mr. Blue Nell will be picked up at the Farm on 2/23 at 11AM. Final balance will be paid in cash at that time. Ms. Yellow Harris will be picked up at the Farm on 2/22 at 2PM. Final balance will be paid in cash at that time. "Rusty" LaMarche will be departing from the Greensboro Airport on 2/21. Rusty has been paid in full. Mr. Green (call name now Cooper) has been held back for veterinary recheck on 3/8 and is not available.
Here are a few notes to keep in mind for puppy pickup day.
1) If you have visited a pet store, veterinarians office, dog park, or other area with heavy pet "traffic" remember to take a shower and completely change clothes BEFORE coming to Red Spring Farm. If you have been to an animal shelter, another breeders home, or if you have been around any sick (or potentially sick) dogs, notify me PRIOR to coming onto my property!
2) Full sanitize your shoes, particularly the treads, with a bleach solution. The most dangerous canine virus's spread from contaminants on the bottom of your shoe.
3) We HIGHLY recommend rubber rain boots or something similar which is easy to clean and won't be damaged by yucky weather or puppy teeth! Remember- puppies LOVE to nibble on shoe laces and human toes. Closed toed shoes are a must!
4) When you arrive at 11, pull all the way forward until you are behind the vehicle parked in the driveway. Everyone pretty much arrives and leaves at once, so don't worry about being blocked in. When the weather is wet and muddy, we highly recommend that you stay on our driveway to prevent you from getting stuck!
5) Make sure you are going to the correct address (emailed to you) in ASHEBORO!
6) Please be on time (not too early and not late). Since we do this as a group and many folks are traveling quite some distance to get home, we get started pretty shortly after 11AM. If you are late you may miss some of Puppy Take Home Packet review. If you are REALLY late, I may have to reschedule with you for another date, as Saturday's are often my busiest days.
7) For traveling home... if you can bring a helper to hold the puppy on the drive home we highly recommend it. Though dogs are safer in a crate, we don't really recommend crating for your first ride home simply because it is stressful enough for the puppy and you don't want the first experience with you, the crate, and without siblings to be a negative one. Please bring a towel or blanket for the puppy to ride home on, a lightweight leash, and paper towels (for cleanup if needed... sometimes puppies get motion sickness on the ride home).
7 Week Pupdate, Vet Checkup Information & Personality Testing
We have 7 out of 8 perfectly normal healthy puppies! Unfortunately Mr. Green did not "pass" his vet examination (he has a heart murmur). When puppies are growing at a rapid rate, it is not unusual for heart, eye, or joint abnormalities to be detectable as they go through awkward stages in their growth. Generally these abnormalities greatly reduce or disappear, over the coming weeks or months... the puppy literally just grows out of it! In fact, certain abnormalities (such as "lax" patellas) are completely normal in our pups before 4 months of age. Regardless, Mr. Green will not be offered as a puppy option tomorrow due to his heart murmur. He will be staying here at Red Spring Farm until further notice.
Ms. Purple: (5.24lbs) Miss independent! This gal enjoys human interaction and is smart as can be, but she is not afraid to venture out and explore either. As you could see on this weeks video, she was quick to go further out faster than any of the other puppies in a new area- she definitely did not feel the need to have litter mates accompany her as "back up!" She is food motivated and enjoys learning new things, especially when there is a yummy treat involved. She is the biggest of the two girls but definitely not the largest puppy in the litter (she is medium/average compared to her litter mates). She has nice structure and the cutest little "mohawk" down her nose.
Mr. Blue: (4.78lbs)Still such a hoot! He is the smallest male pup in the litter and will likely mature to be the smallest male as an adult as well. He is super cuddly and focused on humans... and he loves all forms of play. He is smart and trainable but loses interest pretty quickly (this will improve as he matures). This little "dood" has a big personality and will bring his family hours of joy and entertainment just by watching his antics... but at the end of the day I have no doubt that he will want to settle right next to someone, or in their lap!
Mr. Green: (5.48lbs) This sweet little booger is loving, easy going, food motivated, and is an all around beautiful pup. He is built stocky and boxy like Mr. Black, but not as large. He is middle of the road/slightly on the reserved side, and will be a good fit for any family. This is a pup who will enjoy walks and playtime, and then happily settle on the couch or in a bed. He really enjoys time outside and he has quite the nose... he enjoys "noodling" around the yard and sniffing and digging, or gnawing on a toy.
Mr. Orange: (5.34lbs) Awww! Mr. Orange has the absolute cutest little face. He is the next smallest male after Mr. Blue and he has petite features (shorter snout, compact body). He is slightly on the reserved side but is also up for playtime and fun. He is extremely expressive, it is almost like you know what he is thinking. He enjoys companionship of any kind... loves being around humans, other dogs, and his litter mates. If his litter mates aren't nearby, he wants to be right near me (this pup will greatly benefit from a snuggle puppy if you haven't ordered one already)! He takes treats gently and enjoys being petted gently while he falls asleep in your lap!
Mr. Red: (6.08lbs) A vets office favorite, this little guy really showed off at the vets office today. He made excellent eye contact and really impresses with his attentiveness. He is quite a big fellow and may be pretty lanky as an adult. He craves human interaction and is still one of the first pups to meet me at the gate. He will thrive in a home that will give him plenty of attention and will need someone who is smarter than he is to provide him with the mental stimulation that he craves, because he picks up on everything very quickly and will keep you on your toes.
Mr. Black: (6.38lbs) Mr. Black is a loving, happy goofball! By far the largest pup in this litter, he is going to be big. It is possible that he may push the scale for the weight estimate for this litter. He is food motivated and he almost overly enthusiastic when taking treats (we will work on that, as his little teeth are sharp). Mr. Blacks tail never stops going and he always has a big smile on his face. He likes to carry items around (leaves, toys, mulch etc). If you want a fun loving, goofy, retriever style guy who is about as happy as they come, this is your man.
Ms. Yellow: (4.14lbs) Miss Yellow is confident, feisty, playful, and just enthusiastically embraces everything that comes at her! She is definitely the "little sister" among brothers! She walks with pep in her step and melted the hearts of the vet and vet techs at today's appointment (she gave kisses to everyone, and someone must have given kisses back because she had red lipstick kisses all over her face by the time we left HA). She has been tilting her head an awful lot this week, which really makes her red tipped ears extra cute! Miss Yellow will likely be the smallest puppy in this litter as an adult- but don't let that fool you! She is the best of both worlds, a small dog and a big dog wrapped in one. She makes great eye contact.
Mr. Grey: (5.88lbs) This guy is definitely one of the more reserved puppies in the litter... as well as one of the calmest! He will need an home that will give him a few days to adjust to his new surroundings once he joins your family, as it may take him a little bit to adapt to living without the comfort of his litter mates (I DEFINITELY recommend a snuggle pup for this cutie pie). The thing is, these calm, quiet pups often make some of the best companion dogs, because once they bond to you, they attach very strongly! He finds great comfort on a soft bed and I expect that this little "dood" will crate train pretty easily. He has the darkest red markings and is definitely going to be a snuggler once he meets his perfect human.
Using [A] for active response, [N] for neutral and [P] for passive based on:
1. Observation. Watching how she plays with other puppies, does she jump right into group activities [A], hanging in the midst of the activity [N], or submitting when approached [P]. Mr. Blue: A Ms. Yellow:N Mr. Green:N Ms. Purple: N Mr. Orange: N Mr. Grey: P Mr. Black: N Mr. Red: A
2. Play. When you first take a puppy aside to play with, is he hyper [A], easy going [N] or does he just want to be petted [P]. Mr. Blue: N Ms. Yellow:N Mr. Green:N Ms. Purple: N Mr. Orange: P Mr. Grey: P Mr. Black: N Mr. Red: N
3. Cradle. When cradling a puppy in your arms, does he relax [P], wiggle a bit and then relax [N] or kick like crazy [A]. Mr. Blue: N Ms. Yellow:A (she had just woken up HA) Mr. Green:P Ms. Purple: N Mr. Orange: N Mr. Grey: P Mr. Black: N Mr. Red: N
4. Call back. Using a treat or squeak toy and calling to the puppy while backing away, does he race after you while jumping or nipping at your ankles [A], follow happily [N] or hesitate and need coaxing [P]. Mr. Blue: N Ms. Yellow:N Mr. Green:N Ms. Purple: N Mr. Orange: N Mr. Grey: P Mr. Black: N Mr. Red: N
5. Tuck and pat. When kneeling/sitting on the floor, settle the puppy between your legs. Pet him in long gentle strokes as you praise him softly. Does he wriggle free as he nips [A], wriggle and then relax [N] or simply melt in your embrace [P]. Mr. Blue: N Ms. Yellow:N Mr. Green:N Ms. Purple: N Mr. Orange: N Mr. Grey: P Mr. Black: N Mr. Red: N
6. Bend over. Stand up, stretch and relax, Now go to your puppy and lean over to pet him. Your doing this may seem overwhelming to the pup because you're so large and he's so small. Does he jump up at your face [A], cower in confusion [P] or just relax and let it happen [N]. Mr. Blue: A Ms. Yellow:N Mr. Green:N Ms. Purple: N Mr. Orange: N Mr. Grey: N Mr. Black: N Mr. Red: N
7. Nose kiss. Cradle your puppy's face in your hands and kiss him on the nose. Does he bite you back [A], accept the smooch calmly or return the interaction with a soft bite or kiss [N] or pull back in confusion [P]. Mr. Blue: N Ms. Yellow:N Mr. Green:N Ms. Purple: N Mr. Orange: N Mr. Grey: N Mr. Black: N Mr. Red: N
8. Toe squeeze. In this exercise, you're testing your puppy's reaction and sensitivity to discomfort. While petting the puppy, gently squeeze the skin between his toes. Does he attack your hand. If so, he's definitely an A type personality with high sensitivity. A neutral puppy may lick or mouth gently, whereas a passive puppy will cringe fearfully. Mr. Blue: N Ms. Yellow:N Mr. Green:N Ms. Purple: N Mr. Orange: N Mr. Grey: N Mr. Black: N Mr. Red: N
9. Startle sound. Take a bunch of keys and when your prospective puppy least expects it, rattle them above his head and gauge his reaction. Does he attack the keys [A]. Does he give it a nonchalant glance [N]. A fear reaction is noted by cowering or withdrawal [P]. Mr. Blue: N Ms. Yellow:N Mr. Green:N Ms. Purple: N Mr. Orange: N Mr. Grey: P Mr. Black: N Mr. Red: N
10. Crash test. Stand and wait until your puppy is no longer interested in you. Suddenly fall to the ground as if you've tripped and exclaim "Ouch" Does the puppy race over and pounce [A], come to sniff or lick your face [N] or cower and run in fear [P]. Mr. Blue: N Ms. Yellow:N Mr. Green:N Ms. Purple: N Mr. Orange: N Mr. Grey: N Mr. Black: N Mr. Red: N
11. Uplift. Lift the puppy 4 inches off the floor by cradling his midsection. Hold him there for at least seconds. Does he wriggle and bite furiously [A]? Does he relax and look around [N]. Does he look fearful and constrict his body posture [P]. Mr. Blue: N Ms. Yellow:N Mr. Green:N Ms. Purple: N Mr. Orange: N Mr. Grey: N Mr. Black: N Mr. Red: N
All A's: This dominant puppy is bright and interactive. Raising him will take concentration, consistency and time. His favorite expression is "What's Next!"
All N's: Easy going and contained, this puppy will be pleasant and self-assured, though perhaps not terribly motivated to follow your agenda when it conflicts with his own. His favorite expression is "Is it absolutely necessary?"
All P's: This puppy has a weak self-esteem and needs your reassurance to feel safe. Without proper lessons and socialization, he'll be shy. His favorite expression: "It's been 3 minutes, do you still love me?" Mix of A and N's: This active puppy will want to be in the middle of everything but will show slightly more impulse control when stimulated. His favorite expression is: "Let's do it again"
Mix of N and P's: This self-assured puppy will be easygoing and gentle yet with a stronger sense of self than a completely passive puppy. Because he's more composed, he'll be an ideal puppy for a calm house with or without older children. Favorite expression: "Another back scratching please!"
Puppy Selection Day Information
How did puppy selection day arrive so quickly? Puppies will be going to the vet on Friday the 15th, and the 7 Week Pupdate w/ temperament testing will be posted that day as well. Selections will take place on Saturday the 16th.
Since we have a large litter of puppies, each family will be assigned a time on Saturday that we MUST know your puppy choice by. We allot everyone a 1 hour time slot so that you may call me during that period of time if you have any final questions (336-465-6023). The website will be updated in real time to reflect selections as they are made. If the selection immediately ahead of you is posted on the website early, then you are welcome to go ahead and call me for questions (or call/text/email me your selection if you already know it).
If your family will not be available during the time frame listed below, I ask you to email me 1-8 list for me to refer to from favorite to least favorite pup by Friday night (if you have any questions, I will make myself available all evening after the Friday "Pupdate"). This way, I can assign a puppy to you based off the list you provide. It is actually a great idea for EVERYONE to make this list so that you are fully prepared for selection day!
IF I DO NOT RECIEVE A CALL, TEXT, OR EMAIL FROM YOU BY THE END OF YOUR TIME FRAME WITH YOUR CHOICE OF PUPPY, I WILL CALL THE NUMBER PROVIDED ON YOUR ORIGINAL APPLICATION 2X (5 MINUTES APART). IF I DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE, I WILL HAVE TO ASSIGN YOU A PUPPY BASED OFF YOUR APPLICATION. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ME DO THIS!
Today marks 2 weeks before you pick your puppy up! This will be a busy period of time for you... you need to schedule your vet appointment (remember, you have 3 days after the date of pickup to get your puppy seen by a vet), buy your puppy's food, and plan a schedule for your puppy. You will also need to purchase the necessary gear for the first few days home (ex. a crate, treats and chews, puppy pen supplies, harness/leash, etc). This can get overwhelming quickly... luckily, we have set up a New Owner's Page just for you. Visit it HERE. Remember to check out our puppy take home video as well- it goes over our recommended diet, potty training, crate training, etc.
PLEASE also remember- the full balance of your puppy must be received prior to you taking home your puppy. We are happy to accept cash at pickup (no other method of payment is accepted at that time) OR we can accept a check for the final balance if it is received by February 16th! This will allow plenty of time for your check to clear before you take home your pup. If you would like to verify your final balance, please shoot me an email and I will give it to you. ($3000 - your deposit= final balance).
UPDATE! The puppy play party went very well!
Ms. Purple: Calmly accepted kisses and cuddles from everyone. Startled a bit by squeals and sudden movements, but adjusted quickly.
Mr. Blue: This pup did GREAT! Was super confident, made great eye contact, and enthusiastically loved on everyone!
Mr. Green: Calmly accepted kisses and cuddles from everyone. Startled a bit by squeals and sudden movements, but adjusted quickly.
Mr. Orange: Calmly accepted kisses and cuddles from everyone. Startled a bit by squeals and sudden movements, but adjusted quickly.
Mr. Red: This guy did GREAT! He was super confident, made great eye contact, and enthusiastically loved on everyone!
Mr. Black: This pup did GREAT! Was super confident, made great eye contact, and enthusiastically loved on everyone!
Ms. Yellow: This pup did GREAT! Was super confident, made great eye contact, and enthusiastically loved on everyone!
Mr. Grey: Calmly accepted kisses and cuddles from everyone. Startled a bit by squeals and sudden movements, but adjusted quickly.
NO PUPPIES responded with fear, shook, urinated in submission.
Week 6 Pupdate
This weeks pupdate will be posted over 2 days because Saturday we will be throwing a puppy party with children here at Red Spring Farm (my lucky niece and nephew)! This will help give us an idea of how the pups react with children. They are REALLY coming out of their shells and personalities are much more evident. Ms. Purple: (4lbs 2oz) Ms. Purple knows how to have a good time- and then she knows how to chill out! She is thoughtful and a little independent. She sometimes takes a minute to warm up to new things, but adjusts quickly.
Mr. Blue: (3lbs 12oz) This booger is the most active in the group! He is perky, confident, playful, and into everything new and exciting! He would love an active family and maybe a canine companion!
Mr. Green: (4lbs 4oz) THIS boy was once reserved- but no more. He has really come out of his shell and is pretty quick to explore new things, but still enjoys relaxing next to you while you pet him behind the ears. He is very wide and sturdy built.
Mr. Orange: (4lbs 2oz) This little ham is too cute! He is middle of the road within the litter, not too active and not too lazy. He takes a few minutes warming up to new situations, but after he adjusts, he does great!
Mr. Red: (4lbs 8oz) Red boy is attentive to humans, confident and playful, but chills out nicely after a play session. He is very expressive and makes good eye contact.
Mr. Black: (4lbs 8oz) This fella's tail never stops wagging! He is a good mix of active/playful and calm. He enjoys interaction with people as well as other dogs and puppies.
Ms. Yellow: (3lbs 4oz) A playful, social butterfly! She uses her paws during play and is invited humans and pups alike for playtime. She is less interested in food than the others but is highly motivated by activity. She loves interaction with people.
Mr. Grey: (4lbs 8oz) Mr. Grey is easy going, curious, thoughtful, and takes a few minutes to warm up to new situations. He is a chunky monkey and is quite stout. He much prefers calm petting to hyped up playtime.
Week 5 Pupdate
These little sweethearts are OFFICIALLY puppies! They are (shockingly) nearly weaned, and devouring puppy "mush." They are playing with each other and starting to enjoy toys. They are also learning treats and the "clicker"! We will post some clicker training sessions this week.
Please keep in mind, the personality descriptions posted at 5 weeks of age may not be an accurate predictor for the future. We recommend that you wait until the 6 and 7 week Pupdates before deciding on your favorite personalities! Ms. Purple: (3lbs 8oz) This playful silly gal is full of life and fun! She is quick to explore new things.
Mr. Blue: (3lbs 4oz) What a ham! This fella is social, and quick to let you know when he wants attention or treats.
Mr. Green: (3lbs 8oz) Compared to the rest of the litter, this guy is the most reserved (though still pretty "neutral" as far as temperament goes, he is not overly shy). Still the upside down sleeper of the bunch!
Mr. Orange: (3lbs 8oz) This boy gets the award for most interesting expressions! He is always making funny faces and is an adventurer.
Mr. Red: (3lbs 12oz) Still the first puppy to meet me when I pass the puppy pen! Mr. Red is very attentive and focused.
Mr. Black: (4lbs) This chunky monkey is the biggest in the litter! He is social and loves treats!
Ms. Yellow: (3lbs) Aw, the littlest in the bunch! She has really come to life this week. She is social and likes to play with others. She uses her paws frequently during play to "swat" at her siblings.
Mr. Grey: (3lbs 8oz) This snuggley boy is still a cuddler, but he is also an explorer! He gets the zoomies and runs around the puppy pen sometimes, so cute!
Week 4 Pupdate
Finally! The first week where we can begin seeing personalities emerge. Please keep in mind, the personality descriptions posted at 4 weeks of age may not be an accurate predictor for the future. We recommend that you wait until the 6 and 7 week Pupdates before deciding on your favorite personalities! Ms. Purple: (2lbs 12oz) This gal is a hoot! She is playful, feisty, and a confident little cuddle butt!
Mr. Blue: (2lbs 12oz) This guy has a middle of the road temperament. He is on the vocal side and he has been known to howl when he smells mommy Luna nearby!
Mr. Green: (2lbs 10oz) This guy has a middle of the road temperament. He can often be found sleeping upside down in the classic doodle sleep post!
Mr. Orange: (2lbs 12oz) This handsome devil knows just how cute he is! He is a vocal little explorer!
Mr. Red: (3lbs) This fella is the most outgoing int he bunch. He is a leader within the group and always seems to be a step ahead of the others.
Mr. Black: (3lbs) Strike a pose! I think this is one of the more photogenic pups, and he has the biggest, blocky head compared to the others. He is the most food motivated- he always gets a good spot at the "milk bar."
Ms. Yellow: (2lbs 4oz) This precious little daisy is as sweet as they come! She is one of the more "chill" puppies and spends a lot of her time sleeping and snuggling with her siblings. She has picked up on the potty pan quickly.
Mr. Grey: (2lbs 10oz) This little "dood" is extra precious and snuggly. He makes good eye contact and is pretty chill.
Week 3 Pupdate
Mommy and babies are doing great! This is a healthy, roly poly bunch who is only interested in 2 things... eating and sleeping! They are chunky monkeys who are really starting to get their footing under them. This week we will be expanding their pen to include a litter/potty area.
Some of their ID ribbons are a little "off" color on camera, so we have posted where they are in the collage below next to their weight. Ms. Purple: 903 grams (top left)
Mr. Blue: 934 grams (top middle)
Mr. Green: 950 grams (top right)
Mr. Orange: 957 grams (middle left)
Mr. Red: 1062 grams (middle right)
Mr. Black: 1040 grams (bottom left)
Ms. Yellow: 836 grams (bottom middle)
Mr. Grey: 910 grams (bottom right)
Week 2 Pupdate
Much like last week, Mom and pups are doing great! We have removed the heat lamp pretty much entirely during the day, and the babies didn't even seem to notice. We may have some peepers by photos on Monday!
We do expect some possible icy weather this weekend. If we lose power, the puppy cam will not be functional. If this occurs, it will be back up and running as soon as the power comes back on. For now, our camera should be functioning perfectly- if anyone has any issues viewing the live stream at this time, please reach out so we can have it corrected.
Mr. Blue: 605 grams
Mr. Red: 707 grams
Mr. Green: 635 grams
Mr. Orange: 624 grams
Mr. Black: 734 grams
Ms. Yellow: 558 grams
Mr. Grey: 600 grams
Ms. Purple: 552 grams
Week 1 Pupdate
Mommy and babies are doing well! Everyone is gaining weight quickly, which is an indicator of good health. Despite Luna's very frequent cleanings, a couple were a little messy for pictures this week. When there are 8 in one litter, it happens :)
We hope you are enjoying the puppy cam! Starting on Monday we will be turning off the heat lamp (which causes a red glow on the Puppy Cam) during the day so that you can see their collar colors a little easier. We ordered some new ID collars which will hopefully be vibrant enough that you can see the difference between each pup.
Mr. Blue: 404 grams
Mr. Red: 435 grams
Mr. Green: 425 grams
Mr. Orange: 388 grams
Mr. Black: 469 grams
Ms. Yellow: 382 grams
Mr. Grey: 357 grams
Ms. Purple: 361 grams
2 AM: Luna has been in labor for over an hour now! Puppies should be arriving shortly. Luna is keeping herself busy with lots of nesting and she seems content and confident! Wish us luck!!!!
Happy Birthday Babies! 6 Boys/2 Girls Introducing our "Parti" into the New Year Litter... Mr. Blue is a wavy parti boy weighing in at 277 grams, born at 2:40 AM
Mr. Red is a wavy parti boy weighing in at 292 grams born at 3:15 AM
Mr. Green is a wavy parti boy weighing in at 294 grams born at 4:49 AM
Mr. Orange is a wavy parti boy weighing in at 266 grams born at 4:51 AM
Mr. Black is a wavy parti boy weighing in at 368 grams, born at 5:45 AM
Ms. Yellow is a wavy parti girl weighing in a 260 grams, born at 6:37 AM
Mr. Grey is a wavy parti boy weighing in at 243 grams, born at 7:23 AM
Ms. Purple is a wavy parti girl weighing in at 256 grams, born at 7:33 AM
Luna did an amazing job! This was a very smooth, fast delivery and all puppies are doing exceptionally well. Everyone nursed within minutes of birth. Each puppy had a 50/50 chance of being parti OR solid in color (like flipping a coin)... I sure hope some of Luna's luck rubs off on me for the New Year because ALL EIGHT pups ended up being parti (1 in 128 chance of this occurring). This is truly a lucky 8 litter!
Both Luna and I are exhausted... give us the afternoon to rest up and focus on babies. After I can get some rest, I will begin emailing all of those on the litter list, posting photos, and activating the Live Stream.
THANK YOU for your support and patience! Below are some examples of Luna's previous wavy parti puppies.
12/30/18 Luna is a bit embarrassed by her winter maternity clip right (we have to cut them very short when the weather is yucky and wet out so that they don't bring any parasites inside to their babies) so she requested that I post her maternity shoot from her previous litter. This sweet girlie is ready to pop and is spending her final days of pregnancy relaxing on the couch and in her whelping box.
12/29/18 Luna got her puppy count radiograph today! Can you guess the magic number? Highlight here >>> 8! <<< for the answer!!!